What's Your "Why?"
No really, we have to figure that out first.
I have learned that most people only turn to fitness or health when an occasion is coming up OR when a health scare knocks on their door and thats a disservice to our beautiful bodies!
It's unfortunate because health consciousness has been commercialized to salads and sizes that are unrealistic so people automatically get a nasty taste in their mouth when the subject is brought up.
It's also unfortunate because we only get one of these bodies and to be honest, we don't give a shit about them.
With all types of things happening in the world, our focus can and does get snatched and tugged to many different places other than the solution. We are constantly starting over in diet fads and programs that are short termed, with still little to no knowledge about the bodies that serve us everyday.
So, I pose the question to you today, "What's your why?"
Why do you want health to be apart of your life? Studies show that where emotion appears, commitment follows, so you NEED a why. The WHY keeps you consistent and balanced in fun and intentional moves for and to your body. It gives you inspiration on the days you need it most.
My WHY started as a young kid and it was childish. I wanted a 6 pack. Simple. Billy Blanks and all of the amazingly fit women that stood behind him told me that was my why and I chased that until I got it in 2019 competing. It didn't make me get up any quicker afterwards though, so I had to change the reasons why.
Today my WHY is so I can move comfortably for the rest of my life. I want to be able to hike, swim, bike, split, jump, run/sprint, fly even when I'm 60+. I want to be able to stretch and know when my body is speaking to me. I want to know when to rest and get a massage or move and climb a trail in California.
My WHY could change but I will only modify it to fit my life and goals. That is all you can do to get started but don'
t wait for that moment to come while you sit across from a doctor. You and your body deserve better than that!
t wait for that moment to come while you sit across from a doctor. You and your body deserve better than that!
Leave below your why so we can start this community!
Be kind to yourself babeS

Comments
Post a Comment